Mid-week. Short and sweet.
Last year at this time, I was waiting to have another lung scan, to determine if the shadow on my lung was something to destroy me or just another bump in the bumpy road to good health. I had to stop, breath, and take each moment as it came...otherwise, I would have curled up in a ball of anxiety and would have missed the entire, peaceful, beautiful Christmas I had with my family. It's amazing. I have been through these scares before, having had melanoma five years ago. But each time I am faced with potential life threatening illness, after the initial Oh My God panic, a calm comes over me. Almost like my body telling me, "if this is the Big One you are wasting one of your last precious good days worrying". I need to carry that message with me on the healthy days, too.
Gratitude.
1. Good, robust health.
2. Books, glorious books.
3. My husband, one of the two greatest men I know.
4. My lavender scented neck wrap that soothes me to sleep.
5. Positive, smiling, happy people. The kind who make you smile at the check out counter, the dentist office, or on Facebook. I hope to be one of those people someday. Maybe by the end of the year?
No comments:
Post a Comment