Today was another ordinary day, blessed with simple things. I closed a house today. Nice to get a check, but even nicer to help a family through the tough transition of moving their parents from a much-loved home to a nursing home. Always hard, always sad, but this family conducted themselves with great dignity. And they thanked me a million times for a job well done. This is what I love about real estate and this is what I miss about real estate. Being able to help families like the Chens..Chris Chen endured a catastrophic result from a routine surgery that left him paralyzed at the age of 40. His wife, Pei Jing, just having had their first child, came to me to help transition the family from a four floor town home to a one story true ranch. She was in shock, devastated, but focused on soldiering on and getting the job done for her family. It took us six months of hard work, but we got the both properties settled and at the end of it, I felt like I made a BIG difference in the life of a family suffering. And I learned a lot from Pei-Jing about soldiering through crisis, which would come in handy a few years later....
I wish I could be of service more to families who are in need of the help an honest, compassionate, hard working real estate agent. I'd almost do it for free, for the satisfaction I get when the job is done and done well.
It's nice to make a difference. Even in a small way.
Gratitude.
1. For Tuesdays
2. For the D'alilio family and their example of dignity in the face of a parents fiinal days.
3, For the nice long chat I had with Brad Hutchinson today. It was good to re-connect with him. He's a good man.
4. For my Malden job, and the flexibility.
5, For the amazing deep naps I have been having lately.
No comments:
Post a Comment