Sunday, December 11, 2011

Weekends!

Yesterday was a spectator kind of day.  First, watched the Assault on Mt. Hood that my husband ran in.  Lots of friends there to cheer on.  Next, my sons very first indoor track meet.  Meet my cousin who's son runs for the opposing team.  Nice to reconnect with close relatives.

Finally, the Republican debate last night.  Many good candidates this time around, anyone better than the siting president.

Today, met my friend who works at America's Test Kitchen for coffee.  She gifted me with many of their cookbooks for Christmas!  Friends in high places!!

Should be a good holiday season this year.

Gratitude.

1. That my week long headache is finally gone.

2. For the kindness of strangers, always.

3. For the opportunity to make new friends and to be the stranger who is kind~

4. For paitence, which comes in very handy when the kids are home.

5. For the fireplace I will be sitting in front of tonite, as I enjoy a martini made from Blood Orange Liquor, from Sicily, while I smell the newly cut Christmas tree!  Heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment